1958: College of Health Related Services opens as first college of health professions located in an academic health center. Dr. Darrel J. Mase is founding dean.
1959: Students enter programs in medical technology, physical therapy (the state’s first) and occupational therapy (a first in the Southeast).
1964: Graduate program in health and hospital administration introduced, the first of its kind in the Southeast.
1975: Florida’s first bachelor’s program in health science established.
1976: Dr. Lela Llorens appointed chair of occupational therapy, becoming one of the first African-American chairs of OT in the nation.
1985: College audiologists participate in the first cochlear implantation in the Southeast.
1988: Department of clinical psychology hosts the first national conference on pediatric psychology research and founds the first Center for Pediatric Psychology Research in 1993.
1998: First rehabilitation science doctoral program in the Southeast and one of the country’s first distance learning Doctor of Audiology programs for working professionals are established.
2003: HPNP Complex opens. College is renamed Public Health and Health Professions. Over time, the college adds new faculty members, departments and degree programs in public health.
2009: College receives accreditation as a school of public health from the Council on Education for Public Health.
2011: UF Public Health Laboratory opens in Gressier, Haiti, with former President Jimmy Carter and his wife, Rosalynn, in attendance.
2012: Environmental and global health introduces the first One Health doctoral program in the world.